There are a number of useful internet sites that patients can access to find out information about services or conditions.
- NHS Choices provides a large amount of information about conditions and health in general.
- NHS Change for Life offers information about healthy eating and lifestyles.
- NICE Patient and Public is the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence and provides guidance on NHS quality standards.
- Patient offers trusted medical information and support.
- Moving Upstream aims to offer an alternative, or an addition, to the help you can get through the NHS relating to mental health.
- Taking Part Workshops aims to increase health and wellbeing by helping people to access and participate in local activities.
- Extended Access Hubs provide Out of Hours appointments to patients registered with a GP practice in North Tyneside.